For Smith, the brand can mean a lot and he had made efforts to protect it.
“If it didn’t fit within my brand, if it wasn’t who I am as a person, I learned to turn down opportunities.” We are happy to see another Smith without emmitt smith jerseys.
“I’ve learned to think of myself like most corporations,” he says. “When you think about long-standing companies like Proctor & Gamble, like Microsoft, Walmart and Target, these are great branded companies and their products have stood the test of time. That’s how I want to be.”
“I’ve learned a lot about branding over my time in the NFL, much of it from Jerry Jones. He has been a great example of a man who recognizes how to constantly grow the brand that he owns and controls,” Smith says.
It will be a challenge for Smith’s off-field success to mirror what he accomplished on the gridiron. Not only is he the league’s all-time leading rusher, but his 164 touchdowns are the most ever by a running back. He has three Super Bowl rings and has been named the league’s Most Valuable Player.
He had regarded protecting the brand is a very important thing for him and he also did like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment