Monday, October 4, 2010

Bulls Forward Carlos Boozer could be out for 8 weeks

Bulls Forward Carlos Boozer could be out for 8 weeks


Bulls forward Carlos Boozer in new york knicks jersey, one of Chicago's top off-season acquisitions, broke a bone in his right hand Saturday and could be out two months. The team said Boozer in knicks jerseys, acquired from the Utah Jazz in a sign-and-trade deal, would need surgery. The team did not practice Saturday, and it was not clear how the injury occurred; the team said it was not basketball related. If Boozer in orlando magic jersey misses eight weeks, he would return on Nov. 27, the day the Bulls' annual extended November trip ends. That would represent 15 missed games for Boozer (18.3 percent of season), who sat for 138 of his 492 games over six seasons with the Jazz (28 percent).


"I was at my house, came around a corner, fell over a bag, put my arm down to try to brace myself and fractured my fifth metacarpal into three pieces," Boozer said Sunday night. "I'm 265 (pounds), 5 percent body fat. I'm heavy, man. I guess I had to brace myself and my weight just collapsed the bone right there." Boozer in magic jerseys said the metacarpal near his pinky broke into three pieces and he will undergo surgery on Tuesday. Doctors told him that he will be "stronger than ever" once the pins are removed. "I'll be able to stay in shape, be around the guys and continue to lead in that way," Boozer said. Boozer has long been considered a talented and versatile player, but has battled injuries throughout his career, missing 138 games through his first eight seasons. The 25-year old out of USC enjoyed a successful rookie campaign, averaging 9.0 PPG, 7.5 RPG and 1.3 BPG in 70 starts for the Bulls.


Coach Tom Thibodeau in dwight howard jersey said Taj Gibson, who started 70 games last season, will reclaim the power forward position. Thibodeau also said he can play Joakim Noah and either Omer Asik in dwight howard jersey or Kurt Thomas in 76ers jerseys, or slide Luol Deng over to power forward in smaller lineups. "I don't have to try to play like Carlos," Gibson said. "I'll play my game and help the team any way I can." Boozer's injury also improves Chris Richard's chances of making the team. "Carlos had put a lot of work in and was playing great," Thibodeau in andre iguodala jersey said. "But that's part of the NBA. We move on. We have plenty of guys who have started and played in big games. We have more than enough to win with right here. Thibodeau in allen iverson jersey said the team showed no emotional letdown at Sunday's two practices. "The guys are disappointed for Carlos in toronto raptors jersey, but we have a resilient group that is tough-minded," he said. "We'll be ready for the start of the season." Boozer will not, which merely adds to his reputation as being injury-prone. Boozer missed 80 games in his first two seasons after signing his big free-agent deal with the Jazz and now this. "I don't feel like I'm cursed, just bad luck," Boozer in raptors jerseys said. "I'll get a new bag though. And I'll have someone else answer the door."


Gibson's fantasy value instantly increases as he is now projected to be the starting power-forward for Chicago. The forward has potential to average a double-double if given ample playing time for the first month of the season. If still available in free-agency, it's highly recommended to pick up Gibson. Once Boozer in washington wizards jersey returns, Gibson could still make an impact for your fantasy team in categorical leagues as he will supply you with an efficient amount of blocks and rebounds.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment